2050 St. John's Explorers Stadium Change

For stadium change requests (if approved, they will take effect at the start of the next season)
Winnipeg59
Team: Former St. John's
Fav MLB Team: Blue Jays
Fav NHL Team: Jets + Leafs
Organization Report URL Number: 4

2050 St. John's Explorers Stadium Change

Post by Winnipeg59 » Sat 19 Apr '14 7:48pm

I believe this meets the rules and mathematics involved, but double-check:

* First, the name of the stadium is "Summerside", which is undoubtedly left over from the franchise before the move to St. John's so I would like to rename the ballpark General Rick Hillier Park please.

In keeping with the tradition of the league I tried to find a distinguished name from "the rock" with which to name my ballpark. Because the team moved there in 2002 I didn't go waaay back into Newfoundland history for a name as it more likely would have been someone more contemporary that would be chosen. There aren't any famous "baseball players" from there, so I went with Hillier. Here's a brief bio:

General (Ret.) Rick Hillier, OC, CMM, ONL, MSC, CD (born 1955), is the former Chief of the Defence Staff of the Canadian Forces. He held this appointment from February 4, 2005, to July 1, 2008. He retired on July 1, 2008 (which is Canada Day by the way). He is the highest ranking Newfoundland and Labrador officer in history

* Next, the new factors and the pricetag. These are the "new ballpark factors", moving away from the neutral 1.000 across the board to make it a little more pitcher-friendly I believe. It's kind of a partway to PETCO stadium, just for the heck of it.

LHB Avg .985 - $1.125mil
RHB Avg .967 - $2.475mil
2B .938 - $3.1mil
3B 1.025 - $1.25mil
HR LHB .950 - $3.75mil
HR RHB .975 - $1.875mil

Total Cost: $13.757-million

I have plenty of cash on hand for this, so I'll wait for the process, when you have time Chris, and then see where I sit after the changes.
Thanks!
David - GM St. John's Explorers 2044-2052
Eastern League Champions - 2047
Atlantic Division Champions - 2044, 2045, 2051